Monday, January 05, 2009

Kyra Phillips

“The Secretary of the State and the governor has to sign the certificate of appointment…” Kyra Phillips, CNN, 5 January, 2009

This woman has one of the most severe noun/verb agreement issues I’ve ever witnessed. This is but one of the many instances of improper conjugation she used during the 25 minutes I watched her today. She was so bad I had to change the channel; I just couldn’t take it.

The more I watch and listen to reporters and politicians, the more I wonder what has caused this epidemic of noun/verb disagreement.

3 comments:

Loving Annie said...

It's the whole culture of b.s. - politicans are so used to dissembling, they are vague with their phraseology...

Carlos said...

That could well be. It could also be that they're like our president and are trying so hard to sound smart, with a limited vocabulary, they sound stupid.

Loving Annie said...

Carlos : Ha-ha, you're probably right !

I was crazed busy when I was in Carmel - only 2 days. I drove by the shop, but didn't have a chance to stop in (3 restaurants to review and 1 B&B.)

Am trying to get to that area again this month.

Have heard excellent things about the pastry shop - and not just from you :) Will make it a point to stop and tell your Aunt that you said hello...